I am truly excited to share this recipe with you as it is such an easy, light and delicious meal. I do hope that you enjoy it as much as I do. Let me know your thoughts once you tried it!
- 4 medium sized broccoli, with the stems cut off and florets cut up into smaller pieces
- 6 red chillies, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 10 cloves of garlic, finely cut up
- freshly squeezed juice of approximately a third of a lemon
- 500 grams of wholewheat pasta (I find fusilli easiest to handle and divide into portions)
- salt, to taste
- NOTE: this recipe is for a bulk portion, if you want just a dinner for two, simply half all the ingredients
- Add enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the frying pan entirely and add the broccoli florets
- Fry on medium heat and keep adding more olive oil to prevent the florets from burning and turning black. The olive oil will also form the sauce for the pasta (it will absorb the taste of all the seasoning and spices), so make sure to add enough based on your personal preference
- In the mean time, boil the pasta according to the cooking instructions on the pack and drain when cooked
- When the broccoli florets are semi-fried (most of them have browned), add the chillies, the lemon juice and salt to taste and fry for further few minutes
- When the broccolis are almost done and crispy, add the garlic and fry for a couple of minutes until it is lightly browned (you want to avoid over-frying it to prevent it from going bitter)
- Once it is ready, add the fried broccoli to the pasta and mix well
- Serve immediately and enjoy! The pasta also keeps very well in the fridge for a couple of days if you have left-overs or want to meal prep!